In 2019 to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the first UK 50p Fifty Pence coin, the Royal Mint released a very special Limited Issue New Pence Britannia Privy 50p Fifty Pence Gold Proof Coin struck in solid 22 Carat Gold.
The reverse design features a seated figure of Britannia by Christopher Ironside while the obverse depicts the Fifth Portrait of Elizabeth II by Jody Clark.
These legal tender coins have been struck to proof quality using specially prepared dies and highly polished blanks.
- A minting first – a 50p featuring a privy mark referencing the science behind its shape
- A Limited Edition Presentation of just 300 coins
- A great way to continue your 50 years of the 50p collection
- The perfect addition to the 50 years of the 50p celebration sets
- Features Christopher Ironside’s iconic Britannia design inscribed with ‘NEW PENCE’ like the original coin
Royal Mint Product Code: UK1950GP