In 2019 to celebrate the 200th Anniversary of the Birth of Prince Albert, the Royal Mint released a very Limited Issue Struck on the Day Birth of Prince Albert Celebration Gold Full Sovereign Coin struck with a Matte Finish, Plain Edge and Mint Mark in solid 22 Carat Gold on the 200th Anniversary of the Birth of Prince Albert 24th May 2019.
The reverse design depicts Pistrucci's St George Slaying the Dragon while the obverse has the stunning Fifth Portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Jody Clark.
The coin will be presented with a Certificate of Authenticity hand signed by the Head of Production, attesting to its provenance and the exact day of its striking.
Royal Mint Product Code - PA19STD
- Struck in 22 Carat Gold
- The only official UK coin struck specifically to honour the 200th anniversary of Prince Albert’s birth
- Just 650 of the limited-edition Sovereigns are available
- Features a privy mark, struck with a Matt finish and complete with a hand-signed certificate confirming the striking date
- Struck on the actual anniversary of Prince Albert’s birth
- The ideal companion to The Sovereign struck for Queen Victoria’s birthday in May, which sold out within hours