In 2019, to celebrate the 200th Anniversary of the Birth of Queen Victoria, the Royal Mint released a Limited Issue Queen Victoria £10 Ten Pound Gold Proof Coin struck in solid fine .9999 Gold weighing five ounces of pure Gold.
The reverse designed by William Wyon features Queen Victoria and Prince Albert in the prime of health and ambition with MDCCCXIX.
The design was originally commissioned for a medal issued for the Great Exhibition of 1851 while the obverse design depicts the Fifth Portrait of Queen Elizabeth II designed by Jody Clark.
These legal tender coins have been struck to proof quality using specially prepared dies and highly polished blanks.
Royal Mint Product Code - UK19VCG5
- A tribute to an enduring reign captured in fine gold
- With an exclusive new design by The Royal Mint’s William Wyon
- A rare issue of this prestigious 50mm diameter gold coin
- Struck in fine gold and finished to Proof standard – the finest minting finish
- A Limited Edition Presentation of just 70